Vitamin C is one of the popular food additives and ingredients in most countries
Vitamin C is widely known as the vitamin whose deficiency causes scurvy in humans. It is a vital product of our food additives and food ingredients. Of our food additives and food ingredients, Vitamin C has won a high reputation in China and foreign countries.
Main physiological functions of Vitamin C:
1. Vitamin C plays an important role in the biosynthesis of bone collagen, which can accelerate the healing of wounds.
2. Vitamin C can promote the metabolism of tryptophan and tyrosine, prolonging the life of the body.
3. Vitamin C can improve the utilization of the iron, calcium and folic acid.
4. Vitamin C can improve the metabolism of fats, lipoid, and especially cholesterol, which can prevent cardiovascular disease.
5. Vitamin C also can accelerate the growth of bones and teeth, preventing the bleeding of gums.
6. Vitamin C also can enhance body's anti-stress and immunity against the outside environment.