Erythritol, a filling sweetener, is a four carbon sugar alcohol
1. Low sweetness: erythritol is only 60% - 70% sweeter than sucrose. It has a cool taste, pure taste and no aftertaste. It can be combined with high-power sweetener to inhibit the bad flavor of high-power sweetener.
2. High stability: it is very stable to acid and heat, and has high acid and alkali resistance. It will not decompose and change below 200 ℃, nor will it change color due to Maillard reaction.
3. High heat of dissolution: erythritol has endothermic effect when dissolved in water. The heat of dissolution is only 97.4kj/kg, which is higher than that of glucose and sorbitol. It has a cool feeling when eaten.
4. Solubility: the solubility of erythritol at 25 ℃ is 37% (w / W). With the increase of temperature, the solubility of erythritol increases and it is easy to crystallize.
5. Low hygroscopicity: erythritol is very easy to crystallize, but it will not absorb moisture in 90% humidity environment. It is easy to crush to obtain powdered products. It can be used on the food surface to prevent food from hygroscopic deterioration.
Applications of Crythritol
Key Benefits of Crythritol
03High heat of dissolution