Vitamin A is one of the popular food/feed additives and ingredients in most countries.
1. essential for healthy eyes, and prevents night blindness and weak eye sight.
2. studies indicate a protective effect against common eye disorders such as cataracts.
3. found to protect against macular degeneration of the eyes that leads to loss of vision in the center of the visual field.
4. promotes normal working of the reproductive system in both males and females, including during pregnancy and lactation.
5. important in the development of bones and teeth.
6. powerful antioxidant that protects body cells and tissues against cancer and cardiovascular disease, by neutralizing the free radical damage that is believed to lead to the diseases; studies have shown that high intake of Vitamins A and/or carotenoids may help lower the risk of some cancers.
7. known to have strong anti-viral activity and to enhance the function of white blood cells and strengthen the immune system against colds, flu, and infections of the kidneys, bladder, lungs and mucous membranes.
8. promotes healthy surface linings of the eyes and respiratory, urinary, and intestinal tracts, as a protective barrier against viruses and bacteria entering the body and causing infection.
9. promotes healthy hair and nails.
10. may prevent skin problems like acne, promote healthy wrinkle-free skin, and help remove age spots.
11. slows the aging process (anti-aging).